Achieving PhD on Environmental Journalism from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, with a dissertation entitled “Environmental Journalism Practice in Indonesia and Malaysia: a Case Study of Kompas and Utusan Malaysia” (2017). Graduated from Universitas Padjadjaran, with bachelor thesis “the Role of KOWANI in Promoting and Expanding Gender Equality in Indonesia, 1946-1998” (2001) and master thesis “Mass media Strategy in News Production around Indonesian President Candidate: case study in Program Siaran Pemilihan Presiden RI Putaran Kedua in Radio Mara 106.7 FM Bandung” (2005).
Love traveling and enjoying it while conducting research. Therefore, she was steeped in the field of research and methodology and actively carries out field research primarily on qualitative research. Her interest is mainly in the field of journalism and environmental communication. She is currently a co-mentor at the Society of Indonesian Environmental Journalist and has been a speaker at the World Blue Carbon Conference with the paper Networking and Partnership on Coastal-Ocean Blue Carbon: the Role of Journalist and Media (7-9 September 2017)
The ongoing research is the Risetdikti PDUPT Grant entitled “Potensi Ekowisata sebagai Strategi City Branding (Studi Kasus Kabupaten Pinrang Sulawesi Selatan)” and PTUPT entitled “Model Peningkatan Performa Rumah Susun Berbasis Faktor Keselamatan dan Kesehatan”. Previously, she has completed the research as chairperson of the research team of the Internal LPP Bakrie University entitled “Integrasi Potensi Wisata sebagai City Branding Kabupaten Cirebon” (2018) and “Audit Laporan Berita Mingguan Kementerian Keuangan RI” (2017).
Research and Publication:
(1) Publication were “Dissecting Environmental Discourse Strategy in Media: A Case Study of Kompas and Utusan Malaysia” in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 9(5), May 2018, ISSN 2229-5518 and Communication Management on Environmental News Production: Study in a Leading Indonesian Newspaper. Jurnal InterAct, 4 2015, 21-26. Furthermore, she has presented: Environmental News in Media: As Social Responsibility and Production Commodity on ICCOMAC 2017 proceeding ‘Sustaining Credibility in Today’s Everchanging World’ ISBN 978-602-8984-58-2.
(2) Potensi Ekowisata sebagai Upaya City Branding: Suatu Studi Pendahuluan di Kabupaten Pinrang Sulawesi Selatan on “The Power of Communication" Pangkal Pinang (20-22 September 2016).
(3) Opportunities and Challenge: Convergence and Cross-Platform Environmental News Production. On Second International Conference on Media, Communication and Culture 2015 Dates: November 30th - December 2nd, 2015 Vistana Hotel, Penang.
(4) Forest and Women in Media Coverage the study about Role of Women in Sustainable Forest Management News in News Reporting of Kompas Daily on International Conference of Indonesia Forestry Researcher III-2015 21-22 October 2015 in Bogor.
(5) Media Convergence As Universities’ Attraction: Study of the Use of E-Learning as a Marketing Communications Strategy of Private Higher Education Institution in Indonesia pada the 2nd International Conference on Corporate and Marketing Communication School of Communication Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia Jakarta 16 October 2015.
(6) Community Involvement in the Program in Urban Poverty (Analysis of Communication Network Model in Program Management P2KP in DKI Jakarta) presented in The Second International Conference on Regional Development (ICRD) "Sustainable Development: Conceptual Progress and Practical Challenges" (Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang). 20-21 November 2013.
Being a lecturer since 2006, after previo usly active as a book editor and freelance writer. She awarded as “Dosen Terbaik Universitas Bakrie” for even semester and odd semester 2016-2017.